Application for Membership
The Building Inspectors Association is a body formed to raise the building knowledge and experience of its members and uphold formal inspection standards in the Western Australian Building Inspection industry.
A Provisional Member is a Registered Builder who has limited inspection experience after being registered as a Builder with the Building Commission.
A Member of the Association is a Registered Builder with extensive inspection experience after qualifying as a Builder.
Membership of the Building Inspectors Association is not to be taken lightly as these standards are upheld and protected by all members.
All declarations in this application are to be made truthfully. Applicants should note that future conduct by a Member not in accordance with your application may result in loss of your membership.
You are advised to make yourself familiar with the Association’s Code of Ethics and By Laws as supplied at the Applicant Induction Course.
Applicants are advised that Membership of the Association is for individuals only.
Building Inspectors Association of WA
Please attach the following documents to the form below:
- Builder’s Registration Certificate
- Driver’s Licence copy with photo or passport copy with photo showing address on this application form
- CV – including all employment information
- Professional References from at least two current members
- Certificate of Currency and Policy documents for Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Samples of building inspections performed
- Certificate of attendance at BIA Induction course.
- Download and sign declaration from